Effective as of 07/28/2022.
Parceled, LLC (together with its affiliates, "Parceled," "we", “us” or "our") provides a mobile platform to allow users to navigate and access nationwide parcel data.
We provide important information for California residents here.
Table of Contents
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
- Important information for California residents
- Cookie Notice
Personal Information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
• Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, residence, postal code, phone number, professional title and company name.
• Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, and information that may be related to a service, account or an event you register for.
• Communications that we exchange when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
• Payment and transactional data, such as the information needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, billing and shipping information), and information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
• Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
Data from other sources. We collect information from public sources, such as county and state tax and property records, government agencies, and sale and mortgage history. Most of this information is about properties, not people. But some information we collect, like the identity of a property’s owner. In addition, we may also collection information from various third parties such as data brokers to supplement the data we collect, including your phone number and social media profiles.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our websites, general location information such as city, state or geographic area, and information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), and similar technologies. We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Service and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our websites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our Service, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
See below for information about your choices with respect to cookies and other technologies.
How we use your personal information
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
• provide, operate and improve the Service;
• provide information about our products and services;
• communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
• provide support and maintenance for the Service; or
• respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the opt out of section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information — as we believe necessary or appropriate — to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. As we believe necessary or appropriate, we may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing or not utilizing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and to promote our business.
How we share your personal information
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Business partners. We may share information with integration, joint marketing, and other business partners that provide products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. These business partners may use the information we share with them for their own purposes. You may opt out of our sharing of your information with such business partners by following the instructions provided below.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Public and de-identified data. We may share information that is collected from public sources, third parties or that you choose to share publicly with third parties. We may also share aggregated and/or deidentified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at [email protected] You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Opt out of sharing. You may opt out of our sharing of your information with integration, joint marketing and other business partners by emailing us at [email protected] using the subject line “Opt Out of Sharing”.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Privacy settings and location data. Users of our mobile app can disable our access to their device’s precise geolocation in their mobile device settings.
Advertising choices. You may opt out of receiving targeted online advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you choose to opt out of targeted online advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in these opt out programs, so even after opting out through them, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies that are not listed.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
1511 Baltimore Ave Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64108
Important information for California residents
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
• Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months
• The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
• The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information
• The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information
• Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
• Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
• Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
• Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
• Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of the Service.
How to exercise your rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
• Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by emailing us at [email protected] or by filling out this form located on our website. We reserve the right to confirm your California residence and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
• Request a list of third party marketers. California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of certain personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year. You can submit such a request by sending an email to [email protected] with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your current name, street address, city, state, and zip code and attest to the fact that you are a California resident.
Personal information that we collect, use and share. We are required to explain the categories of Personal Information we collect by reference to the categories specified by the CCPA, as defined here , which are described in the list below. For each category, we list the type of data we collect and the source of that data as described in the section above entitled Personal Information We Collect. We have not sold your personal information in the preceding 12 months.
• What we collect: Contact data, profile data
• Sources: You, third party platforms
• Commercial information
• What we collect: Profile data, parcel data, purchase data, online activity data
• Sources: You, automatic collection, public records, third party platforms
• Financial Information
• What we collect: Financial data
• Sources: You
• Online identifiers
• What we collect: Contact data, profile data, online activity data, device data
• Sources: You, automatic collection, third party platforms
• Internet or network information
• What we collect: Device data, online activity data
• Sources: Automatic collection
• Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
• May be derived from your: Profile data, purchase data, online activity data, third party platforms.
The business/commercial purposes for which we use each category of Personal Information above are described in the section above entitled How We Use Your Personal Information. The categories of third parties to which we disclose each category of Personal Information above of Personal Information for business purposes are described in the section above entitled How we share your personal information.